Sunday, April 13, 2008

Love Story


Love Story
Originally uploaded by John of Dublin.
In February I had a Flickrmail from a young Californian man called James. He told me that his girlfriend Emmi was studying in Ireland and he was about to travel over to Ireland to meet up with her on St. Patrick's Day. James said that he was planning to propose to Emmi during his visit and wanted my advise on a nice quiet and scenic coastal location in Dublin for the proposal. Wow, talk about putting me under pressure, LOL! After a little thought I suggested the above elevated location in a large parkland at Killiney Hill and gave him detailed directions.

I didn't think I would hear from James again. However late last month I got another Flickrmail from a very happy James. He told me that the proposal went very well on Killiney Hill and that they both loved the location! So I'm sure you will all join me in congratulating James and Emmi on their Irish engagement.

I took the above shot a few weeks ago as a little tribute to the happy couple while I was up for a regular walk on Killiney Hill. The inserts are photos from James and Emmi which they took themselves on Killiney Hill just after the successful proposal. Yes I know the blended image is probably a bit mushy and sentimental...but I'm an incurable romantic, LOL!

You can visit James and Emmi's Irish proposal page photos at www.flickr.com/photos/jamesemmi/page22/

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Killiney hill! When someone asks me what I want to do for my birthday, they expect me to want a big party in Town, but all I really want is a picnic by the Obelisk on a warm July evening.

just me said...

Wow, to have been instrumental in helping someone to propose... what a feeling!

Keep up the good job.